Keep your old wine bottles and use them to block candles from drafts instead. All you need is a few minutes and some glass-cutting tools… Or simply buy them!
To create this decorative project for a table centerpiece or garden display, you have to cut the wine bottle cleanly. To do this, you can have a look to this tutorial or check the way just below with a little lesson in physics. The idea: Split the glass along a carefully placed fault line using thermal shock.
While making wine bottle candle holder, the main challenge is to cut the bottle from bottom, which can be easily done by the following way
– Wrap a cotton string around the bottle 5-6 times then tie and cut the loose end.
– Soak this string in the nail polish remover for a while.
– Again tie this nail polish remover soaked string around the glass bottle where you want to cut it.
– Burn this string evenly while tied around the bottle.
– As the fire begins to burn out, plunge the end of the bottle into the cold water. The end will break off cleanly.
You will find candles quite everywhere, here a selection of best sellers:
|1||Royal Imports Votive Candle, Unscented White Wax, Box 72 Wedding, Birthday, Holiday & Home...||283 Reviews||$20.99 from $19.99||Shop Now|
|2||Hosley Set of 48 Unscented Clear Glass Wax Filled Votive Candles - 12 Hour Burn Time. Glass Votive...||545 Reviews||$49.99 $38.99||Shop Now|
|3||Yankee Candle Votives - Grab Bag of 10 Assorted Yankee Candle Votive Candles||330 Reviews||$27.99 from $18.95||Shop Now|
|4||Hosley Set of 30 White Unscented Votive Candles. Up to 10 Hour Burn. Bulk Buy. Wax Blend. Ideal...||47 Reviews||$25.00 $13.99||Shop Now|
|5||Hosley Set of 12 Unscented Clear Glass Wax Filled Votive Candles, 12 Hour Burn Time. Glass Votive...||269 Reviews||$19.98 $10.99||Shop Now|
Last update on 2019-03-24 / Images from Amazon API