You may have wood logs available around you, or maybe a wood part too big to put in a fireplace... Make this amazing wood floor lamp as indoor or outdoor lighting! This great tutorial will help you in all stages, however, some information, details may be missing, in this case, leave a comment or use your imagination to solve the problem 😉 The guide is easier than it sounds, you just need some woodworking knowledge. For the lazy, there is a similar lamp, prettier design but also more expensive: Sculptural California Cedar Wood Lamp
- Wooden piece (around 40 cm)
- Plexiglass piece tube (30 cm long and 4 cm diameter)
- Wood glue
- LED garland (yellow)
- LED light adapter
- Wood saw
- Scotch tape
This is the list of equipment needed to make the lamp in the picture, for a wooden log about 40cm. If your piece of wood is larger or smaller, adjust the size of the tube.
1. Locate the materials you need for this craft.
2. Cut the wood log into slices (2 cm minimum) with a wood saw.
3. Find the center of each log slice and make a hole with a drill, use the same diameter as the plexiglass tube.
4. Sand down the surface of each wood slice with sandpaper.
5. Put wood glue on the inside of each hole and let it dry for a day.
6. Varnish each wood slice and let them dry, repeat the operation 2 to 3 times.
7. Cut the plexiglass tube (40 cm) and install the LED garland inside, you can fix it with scotch tape.
8. Install wood slices one by one on the plexiglass tube and fix them with wood glue.
Do not forget to make a slit in the tube and a groove in the latest wood slice (floor side) to make room for the electric wire.
Ready! we have finished making this spectacular lamp with logs. If you need more inspiration, look at this category: Wood Lamps