Keep your old wine bottles and use them to block candles from drafts instead. All you need is a few minutes and some glass-cutting tools... Or simply buy them!
To create this decorative project for a table centerpiece or garden display, you have to cut the wine bottle cleanly. To do this, you can have a look to this tutorial or check the way just below with a little lesson in physics. The idea: Split the glass along a carefully placed fault line using thermal shock.
While making wine bottle candle holder, the main challenge is to cut the bottle from bottom, which can be easily done by the following way
– Wrap a cotton string around the bottle 5-6 times then tie and cut the loose end.
– Soak this string in the nail polish remover for a while.
– Again tie this nail polish remover soaked string around the glass bottle where you want to cut it.
– Burn this string evenly while tied around the bottle.
– As the fire begins to burn out, plunge the end of the bottle into the cold water. The end will break off cleanly.
You will find candles quite everywhere, here a selection of best sellers:
Last update on 2017-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API